MINUTES OF MEETING HELD VIA ZOOM ON
THURSDAY 4TH FEBRUARY 2020
PRESENT: Adam Bajkowski (chair), Fr. Chris Cousens, Deacon Bernard Ward, Lynsey Ankers, Alicia Owen, Barbara Nelson, Bernadette Richardson, Brian Ashcroft, Kay Donnellon, Martina Thorpe, Shane Doyle
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Pat Le Bon
MINUTES OF MEETING 3RD FEBRUARY 2020
Taken as read and approved as correct: proposed by Bernard and seconded by Kay
- Unfortunately Pat will no longer be able to continue in her role as a member of the PPC. She has been a valued, active member of the Council and on behalf of St Teresa’s Parish we offer her our deepest thanks and wish her all the best for the future. Her role as secretary will need to be filled by someone else.
- Shane has sourced an electrician to correct the lighting problem in the church car park and will need access to the church. Father Chris will arrange access.
- A healing service with apostolic blessing and absolution is hoped to be offered in thanksgiving around the feast of Pentecost (last week July/first week August). This should be actively promoted.
- Added technology to enhance worship since last PPC meeting: video projector screen is now up and running and available for helping worship.
Unexpectedly, and almost solely due to Giles Cook, one of our parishioners , we have a new web page and live streaming capability.
More details and progress regarding these will be published on the web page as things develop.
5. Refresher training for readers, and use of a DVD from the Catholic Faith Exploration group relating to the Gospels has been put on hold until after the Covid pandemic.
6. Apparently Ken Dennis, the Diocesan Property Manager who has to agree building work and its cost before it can go ahead has verbally stated that he would not be in favour of our proposed restorative work to the glass at the back of church which is bowing.
It was decided that Bernard should get a formal response from him
7. Following incidents in church, Bernard is to look into the pros and cons of electric candles.
8. The wealth of ideas put forward by the PPC subgroup in response to the church questionnaires needs to be discussed in depth when more time is available. It will therefore be held over until the next PPC meeting and will be the only item discussed.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING (VIA ZOOM)
Thursday March 18th at 7pm